Zr44 is a scientifically engineered, inorganic, solvent free, super-hydrophobic, penetrating water repellent that imparts superior water resistance to wood, giving it dimensional stability and protection against decay.
The key to Zr44’s effectiveness is its unique cross-linking mechanism, which locks the super hydrophobic materials into the pores of the wood. As a result, the dimensional stability of wood treated with this system far outperforms wood treated with any other waterproofing sealer on the market.
Zr44 is a non-film forming system that completely disappears into the pores of wood and does not provide a film to support the growth of mold and mildew spores. The net effect is, wood treated with Zr44 will not weather at near the rate of untreated wood or wood treated with typical stains and sealers containing silicones, wax or solvents. Wood sealed with Zr44 Clear Water Repelling Wood Sealer has the highest possible level of protection with the least amount of owner maintenance and reapplication costs.
COVERAGE OF PRODUCT
- Approximately 150 – 250 square feet per gallon depending on the porosity of the wood being treated.
- Unmatched protection without covering up the natural beauty of wood
- Contains no ozone-depleting compounds
- Contains no cancer-causing Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
- Non-toxic, no dangerous fumes or odor
- Harmless to plants, animals and environment
- Zr44 is unaffected by UV exposure
- Retards fungus, mold, wood rot and warping
- Resists penetration of grease, oils and acids
- Does not change surface traction
- Retards deterioration caused by weathering
- Will not alter color or texture of wood
- No reapplication every couple of years
- Increases the strength and hardness of wood
- Outlasts all other waterproofing sealers
Zr44 complies with ASTM D4446 Standard for swelling of wood and Federal Specification SS-W-110c for water repellency.